Monday, April 30, 2012

Nail Cheat Sheet #1

Hey guys (or I guess ladies...)

I always love doing cool designs on my nails (as you've probably seen) and people alway have a million questions as to how I did whatever on them, and the first thing people should know is that I am in no way some nail expert.

I'm pretty artistic yes, but the things I do are so simple, when I tell pepole they're like "OH! Why didn't I think of that?"

So, one of the first things I'm going ot show you is a easy way to spice up any nail look that so many people have no idea how to do:

Polka Dots.



Now, some of you might know this trick. I didn't learn it from anywhere, I was just doing my nails and wanted to do dots and wondered what the best way to get them would be. I started out by trying to DRIP polish onto my nails.
DUMB.

Then I bought one of those nail polishes with the looooooong brush tip to try to dot it, better, but still hard to manouver if you're a beginner.

Then I thought about how I get my nails done a lot, so I've seen the little tool they use (like when they make flowers) and it's a little metal stick with a ball on the end.
I didn't want to buy one because that seemed excessive, and then it hit me-- what has the almost exact same shape?


The end of a bobby pin!
DUH!


Now you know. Here's a video "tutorial" if you still don't get what I'm talking about (:


That's all for now!

-Kissa


2 comments:

  1. Love these designs! I think polka dots can always look great on nails :)
    whatrebeccasaid.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete